More than anything else I enjoy the life I have, the privilege of being part of a loving family, and my friends who bring connectedness and relationship.
My previous vocations reflect my desire to join with others in creating rich and meaningful life experiences:
- Anglican Priest
- Community Mental Health Practitioner
I am currently completing my Masters of Social Work at UNISA (Magill, SA) with a view to working as social worker / counsellor focussing on my interest areas which include:
- Psychotherapy for common conditions such as depression, anxiety, confidence and self-esteem
- Relationships, including marriage preparation, marital conflict resolution, extra-marital affairs.
- Identity (psychological, social, gender)
- LGBTIQ related counselling, especially in relation to ‘coming out’, gender dysphoria / transgender issues
- LGBTIQ corporate workplace training and policy development.
My therapeutic interests include:
- Narrative Therapy
- Brief Therapies
- Acceptance and commitment Therapy (a mindfulness based approach)
- Morita Therapy
Whilst I am otherwise professionally engaged, I do offer private consultations at a reasonable and ethically priced rate from an office in Unley, South Australia. We will agree on a pro rata rate for clients who are struggling financially. I am happy to offer counselling especially to clients who otherwise really want some help but would not otherwise be able to afford it at normal rates.